- Enclosure Ratings
- Enclosure Type
- Enclosure By Material
- Enclosure By Mount
- Traffic Control
- Stock Enclosures
- Custom Fabrication
- About Us
- Contact Us
- Frequently Asked Questions
Stock Battery Box Enclosures
In order to prevent power loss to systems such as traffic lights, supplemental backup battery cabinets are installed.
By adding an additional battery box either attached to the side of a traffic control box or as a sole and separate box to enclose additional batteries, when the power goes out the batteries take over for a short period of time maintaining the functionality of the lights.
These stock battery box enclosures are also known as uninterruptable power supply (UPS) cabinets.
Battery Cabinet Options
Bison ProFab manufacturers a line of stock battery cabinets that meet the demands of battery installations for solar and alternative energy applications. Our durable, strong enclosures and cabinets are designed to accommodate the heavier weight of solar batteries and provide ventilation for both cooling and the release of battery gases. Our efficient manufacturing operations ensure that your enclosure will be delivered on time and at a price that will contribute to the viability of your alternative power project. We can custom manufacture enclosures to meet different NEMA ratings if necessary.
Our battery enclosures are UL listed in the U.S. and Canada and are manufactured to meet ISO 9001 standards.
Options available for Bison ProFab's stock battery cabinets are:
- 115V, 105 CFM AC axial fan & thermostat
- 12, 24 and 48 VDC optional configurations
- 120V, 150 watts strip heater & thermostat
- Optional sizes and configurations available
- Insulating paint has up to 35% higher reflective properties over wet coat or powder coat finishes
- Keeps batteries and electronics cooler and operating more efficiently; extends life expectancy
- Secure, easy-slide drawer that provides easy access to batteries, reducing ergonomic stress on the technicians during installation and servicing
- R8 to R12 value, depending on orientation
- 1/4" thick, maximizing available interior space for batteries and electronics
- Finishes available include wet coat and powder coat painting, anodizing and alodining