- Custom Fabrication
- Electrical Enclosures
- Traffic Control Enclosures
- Enclosures by Material
- Custom Enclosures
- Battery / Solar Power
- Stock Battery
- Tower Mount
- Enclosure Installations
- Oil & Gas Production
- IT Enclosures
- Cooled & Heated Enclosures
- Traffic Control Enclosures
- Cable/Wire Management
- Waste Water Treatment
- Food & Beverage Enclosures
- Industrial Carts
- Industrial Equipment Racks
- Industrial Equipment Skids
- Industrial Computer Consoles
- Rail Industry
- Aviation Industry
- Seismic Enclosures
- Transportation Industry
- Stock Enclosures
- Contact Us
Bison ProFab manufactures high quality IP56 electrical enclosures. International Protection (IP) standards are used to designate the protective capacity of an electrical enclosure. The two-digit code shows the protection against particles (the first digit) and water (the second digit).
- Protection for the enclosed equipment from dust and other materials such as dirt, oils and non-corrosives. Small quantities of dust can enter the enclosure, but the quantity of dust cannot impact the operation of the equipment.
- Protection from voltage and moving parts for people who come in contact with the enclosure
- Protection from splashing water, hose-driven water, rain, sleet, snow and corrosion.
IP56 enclosures are rated for indoor and outdoor use.
|Protection from Solids||Protection from Moisture|
|- Complete Protection from any tools or objects (dust permitted - no harmful deposits)
- This enclosure is not air tight and therefore only allows dust size particles in non-harmful quantities to penetrate.
|- High pressure jets from all directions, (limited ingress permitted)|
|Weather Conditions Enclosure can Withstand|
|- Enclosure can be hosed down, eg. Ship decks|
|Build a NEMA Enclosure with Equivalent IP Protection|
|NEMA 4||NEMA 4X|
Features of IP56 cabinets include:
- Specialized materials, including aluminum alloys, stainless steel, galvanized steel and carbon steel, to meet your application requirements. Finishes available include wet coat and powder coat painting, anodizing and alodining.
- Security and tamper-resistant hardware
- Environmental controls, including thermostats, heat strips, air conditioning, passive or fan-assisted venting and insulation
- Light switches
- Viewing windows
- Fuse blocks and power panels
- Casters, support legs and risers
- Range of installation options, including free-standing, pad mounted, wall mounted, pole mounted and walk-in
Our IP56 enclosure designs provide top quality, easy-to-customize enclosures to meet your specific application requirements. At Bison ProFab, we are committed to meeting the fast turnarounds and cost-savings you need without sacrificing quality and the high performance your expect from your IP56 electrical enclosure. We have built a reputation for providing customers with custom solutions at standard-model budgets.
Click here to submit a Request for Quote
or call us today at 800.825.5805.