- Custom Fabrication
- Electrical Enclosures
- Traffic Control Enclosures
- Enclosures by Material
- Custom Enclosures
- Battery / Solar Power
- Stock Battery
- Tower Mount
- Enclosure Installations
- Oil & Gas Production
- IT Enclosures
- Traffic Control Enclosures
- Cable/Wire Management
- Waste Water Treatment
- Food & Beverage Enclosures
- Industrial Carts
- Industrial Computer Consoles
- Rail Industry
- Aviation Industry
- Seismic Enclosures
- Transportation Industry
- Stock Enclosures
- Contact Us
Bison ProFab is a leading manufacturer of high quality electrical enclosures that meet IP55 standards. The IEC's standardized International (or Ingress) Protection Code system is used to designate the protective capacity of an electrical enclosure. The two-digit code shows the protection against particles (the first digit) and water (the second digit).
- Protection for the enclosed equipment from dust and other materials such as dirt, oils and non-corrosives.
**This enclosure is not air tight and therefore only allows dust size particles in non-harmful quantities to penetrate.
- Protection from voltage and moving parts for people who come in contact with the enclosure
- Protection from water, including water sprayed from a nozzle onto the enclosure
|Protection from Solids||Protection from Moisture|
|- Complete Protection from any tools or objects (dust permitted - no harmful deposits)
- This enclosure is not air tight and therefore only allows dust size particles in non-harmful quantities to penetrate.
|- Low pressure water jets from all directions, (limited ingress permitted)|
|Weather Conditions Enclosure can Withstand|
|- Enclosure can be hosed down with normal pressure eg. residential garden hose|
|Build a NEMA Enclosure with Equivalent IP Protection|
|NEMA 3||NEMA 4||NEMA 4X|
IP55 Enclosure Characteristics
Specialized materials, including aluminum alloys, stainless steel, galvanized steel and carbon steel, to meet your application requirements. Finishes available include wet coat and powder coat painting, anodizing and alodining.
- Security and tamper-resistant hardware
- Environmental controls, including thermostats, heat strips, air conditioning, passive or fan-assisted venting and insulation, with NEMA 12 ratings
- Light switches
- Viewing windows
- Fuse blocks and power panels
- Casters, support legs and risers
- Range of installation options, including free-standing, pad mounted, wall mounted, pole mounted and walk-in
Bison ProFab has 20 years of experience in the design and fabrication of electrical enclosures that provide custom solutions at standard-model budgets. Our innovative electrical enclosure designs allow for efficient, cost-effective customization, ensuring that your enclosure meets your product and budget requirements. We are committed to meeting the fast turnarounds and cost-savings you need without sacrificing quality and the high performance you expect from an IP55 electrical enclosure.
Our electrical enclosures are manufactured in the same specialized facility as Bison ProFab's custom products, by the same experienced craftsmen.
Click here to submit a Request for Quote
or call us today at 800.825.5805.